Cormier Family Website Information
The first few
Robert Cormier was born around 1610 in La Rochelle, France
He died sometime before 1701 in Port Royal, Nova Scotia.
He married Marie Peraud in 1634 in France.
Robert Cormier and Marie Pernaud had a two children that I know of.
Thomas Cormier b 1636 - Port Royal
Jean Cormier b 1943 - Port Royal
Thomas Cormier married Marie Madeleine Girouard in 1688 at Port Royal
She was the daughter of Francois Girouard and Jeanne Aucoin
They had the following children:
1) Madeleine b 1669 @ Beaubassin who later married Michel Boudrot in 1690
2) Francois b 1670 @ Beaubassin who later married Marguerite LeBlanc in 1692
3) Alexis b 1672 @ Beaubassin who later married Marie LeBlanc in 1697
4) Anne-Marie b 1674 @ Beaubassin later married Michel Hache-Gallant in 1690
5) Germain b 1676 @ Beaubassin and later maried Marie LeBlanc in 1704
6) Pierre b 1682 @ Beaubassin later married Catherine LeBlanc in 1702
7) Claire b July 2, 1684 @ Beaubassin and later married Pierre Cyr in 1700
8) Marie b 1686 @ Beaubassin and later married Jean Baptiste Poirier in 1708
9) Agnes b 1686 @ Beaubassin and later married Pierre Poirier in 1705
10)Jeanne b 1688 @ Beaubassin
Alexis Cormier's wife Marie and Pierre's wife Catherine were sisters, both
Daughter of Jacques LeBlanc and Catherine Hebert. Jacques was the Oldest son
Of Daniel LeBlanc, the father of the LeBlanc family in Nova Scotia and Port Royal